Photobucket

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2 Miles Love Yourself

Yesterday my husband surprised me by getting off early. He leave in the morning around 4:45 am and works 12 hours or more a day. I'm lucky if I see him before the sun goes down, so it was nice to see him. We decided to spend our extra time together running. Him, the baby, and me.  As I started running I feel like I have let myself go.  When I got out of the USMC I was able to run 3 miles under 25 minutes, now ughhhh. I felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest. I was like this is what a year and a pregnancy does to you. And yes, I admit, when I hit my pregnancy this girl was snoozing a lot and not working out much.

When my husband clocked 2 miles at 29 minutes I felt myself starting to slow down thinking how did I get so terrible at running. Then I thought to myself, that is why you are running right now. You are gaining all back just by putting yourself out there and going through the struggle to become it again. I have running shoes on and in my head I started singing military cadences in my head. My  husband was pushing the stroller and was 5-6 feet in front of me.  Each time I trailed by him, I thought in my head, run to your baby, she smiles when ever she sees you. So that is what I did, I ran to see her smle. 

I caught up, looked at my daughter and she smiled at me as if she was thinking "There you are Momma" and I kept up with my family the whole way. All the way home. And when I finished, I felt great. Even though I know I need improvement, I felt great that I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmarking Us:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online