Photobucket

Friday, February 26, 2010

Goodbye #2

He left for Afghanistan today. This would be goodbye number two. The first when I left to come to stay with my parents. I realized saying goodbye over the phone is just as hard standing in front of him saying goodbye. I felt the pressure behind my eyes, thinking of him leaving and missing his daughters first birthday. I bare down and grit my teeth so hard that it makes my jaw hurt to make the teary feeling stop. And it is twice as hard when I look at our little girl and see him in here. [I think this post is me venting]. Ugh I have tears rolling down my cheeks now. It is hard. I'm so use to being in his place. The one going over there and everyone else crying over me leaving. Now the tables have turned. I think the grass is defiantly greener on his side. Ha. I kills me that he wont be here to see his daughter turn one. And I know when that day comes I will hide away after its over and cry because she has grown up soo fast and that he missed a wonderful celebration of her life.





The count down begins and so do the letters. I always find that letters are much more enjoyable to get than an email. It takes a little more effort and to me, it was always nice to hear your name during mail call.  I do have to say we are lucky this go round. Deployed only for no more than 127 days. So if all goes right he will be holding me and his beautiful daughter in July.

 
Daddy's little girl holding on to his dog tags as she sleeps. 

I am sure the next time I write it will be happier, this was to help me get the pressure off my chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmarking Us:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online