Photobucket

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Catching Up on My Reading Resolution

I've been working on my second book of the year.  I have been trying to keep up with my New Year's resolution of reading at least one book a month. I use to be really into to reading, and then, well life happened. Now I'm just trying to fit it in as much as possible.

The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, as most of you know, is about a time traveler (of course), Henry who meets Clare, and keeps up with her through out all stages of her life and weds her.  I actually did not know it was a book before I started seeing trailers for it on tv. It appealed to me and like the nerd I am I researched it. My husband thinks I'm nuts for having rules for certain things. And he laughs at this one : I will not watch a movie before I read the book.  I really do not blame him.  I enjoying comparing the movie to the book as I watch. And most of the time I'm let down to home much is left out. At least with the book I get the full effect.

A good book to me is a book that makes you feel the characters emotions so well, that you cry, smile, or your pissed off at the world. Ha Ha. But yeah, those are good books to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmarking Us:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online